Many entrepreneurs are missing an enormous marketing opportunity because they’re still not using video, or not using it consistently. Often times business owners shy away from video marketing because they assume it’s too complicated or time-consuming. But it doesn’t have to be!
Here are ten quick tools, tactics and time-savers for taking the overwhelm out of video:
1. Upgrade Your Website’s Home Page Video! Your “welcome” video on your home page is really your “first impression” for most web visitors, so make it count! Keep it short, on brand, and viewer-centric. Even though it’s your introduction, you still have to think in terms of “what’s in it for them?” Most important, be sure to include a clear call to action and tell your viewer exactly what you want them to do!
2. Go Live! Live stream video using easy tools like Facebook Live or YouTube Live make it easier than ever to do video on the fly and in the moment. The instant nature of live streaming means you can be less formal and more spontaneous. Because it’s live, there’s less concern about quality or post production. Focus on content and engagement. Facebook Live, in particular, is “low hanging fruit” when it comes to video, and may very well be the easiest way to get started with video marketing.Facebook Live is “low hanging fruit” when it comes to video, and may very well be the easiest way to get started with video marketing.
3. Find Your Video Sweet Spot! There are dozens of ways to create videos, from traditional,talking-head videos on camera, to off camera methods like PowerPoint video, animated video, live streaming or screencasting. It’s up to you to find the easiest and most effective platform for you and your business. Once you find that “sweet spot,” you’ll be much more likely to create your style of video more consistently.
4. Keep It Simple! Closely related to finding your sweet spot is to also find the fastest and easiest route to a finished video. Simplify and streamline the process whenever possible, and stick with a system that makes it simple and stress-free for you to create video.
5. Find Video Hacks! You may notice a theme developing here because it’s all about systems and shortcuts. Video Hacks are tools and resources that make video easier on you. Tools like the video screen capture software Jing, or video recording and conferencing software like zoom.us, make life easier when it comes to video. Being able to go live and record video from your smartphone, whether it’s on Facebook, Instagram or Periscope, put the power of video at your fingertips. Find and use these shortcuts whenever possible.
6. Use Cool Tools! When it comes to video creation, there are plenty of bright, shiny objects out there, but some of them are real gems! Simple and affordable tools like Stupeflix or VideoMaker FX are user-friendly and feature rich. Other cool tools include Prezi for putting your PowerPoint videos on steroids, and Adobe Spark, a free video storytelling software for the iPad. Use these cool tools to get an extra edge on your competition!
7. Explore Off-Camera Options! Many business owners are camera shy or simply don’t like being on-camera. If that’s the case, or perhaps if you’re just having a bad hair day, there are plenty of “off-camera” video options you can try. The beauty of off-camera solutions like explainer videos, animation or screencasting is that they’re often quicker. easier and less hassle than traditional on camera videos. Don’t let a bad hair day keep you from making a good video!
8. Phone It In! The video camera functions on today’s smartphones are so good that there’s no longer any excuse for not doing video. iPhones and Androids mean you have a great video camera right in your pocket, always at the ready to create video anytime.Today’s smartphones are so good that there’s no longer any excuse for not doing video.
9. V-Mail is the new E-Mail! Video email is a simple, but often overlooked way to use video to connect and engage with your prospects, colleagues, and clients. Services like MailVu and BombBomb.com make it quick and easy to make a more personal and impactful impression.
10. Don’t Go It Alone! If you’ve tried some of the tips and tricks above, but still want more guidance and support, then reach out to a video marketing expert (like me!) “Video Coaching” is a great way to take your video marketing efforts to a more professional level and have the biggest impact with online video!
Get the “expanded” version of these video tips… more details and recommendations… click the button below. 😀
“Sweet Lou” Bortone is known as The Video Godfather. I’m not exactly sure why and, frankly, I’m a little afraid to ask. What we do know is that Lou Bortone has been a pioneer and thought leader in the video space since the launch of YouTube in 2005. He’s helped thousands of entrepreneurs and companies create and leverage online video to build their brands and dramatically grow their revenues.
Prior to his industry-leading work in online video marketing, Lou spent over 20 years as a marketing executive in the television and entertainment industries, including stints as National Promotion Manager for E! Entertainment Television and Senior Vice President of Marketing for Fox Family Worldwide in Los Angeles.