Do you want more visibility for your business? Dumb question, right!
Do you want to reach more people with your message so you can help them solve a particular problem?
Of course! Who doesn’t? You have a business that serves a niche in which you’re an expert. You deliver your message with your books or films or art or coaching or training programs.
So let me ask you this: are you using live streaming video to connect with people who are aching for your message?
Most business owners are not and if you’re not, then you have an opportunity right now to surge forward by incorporating live streaming video in your business.
But here’s the problem I run into over and over…fear.
Fear of the camera. Fear of looking stupid. Fear of technology. Fear of sounding dumb. Fear of not knowing what to say.
And the fear paralyzes you into doing nothing. And you struggle and complain and wonder why your business is not fun and is floundering.Fear will make you think you have nothing to say. ~Seth Godin
Sound extreme? I hear these reasons for not creating videos, all the time.
Right now, though, creating video is easier than it’s ever been. And the easiest type of videos to create are live streaming videos.
Blab Your Way to More Visibility
Blab is the newcomer on the video block and by far the easiest tool (at the time of writing this post) that’s come along for getting started with live streaming video. Many people have written detailed posts on how to get started using Blab and resources I recommend are at the end of this article. Now, I want to focus on the visibility opportunities with Blab.
A genius feature the Blab developers baked into the tool, is that you “join” Blab by connecting your Twitter account. That means there is built in amplification for you, not only when you host a show, but also when you share and join a live show.
- By subscribing to a specific show, your name shows up in the Chat as having subscribed and others can easily click on your image to follow you on both Blab and Twitter.
- When you attend the live show, there is a ping in the Chat that you joined.
- When you participate in the live text chat, you are seen by the host and guests as well as the rest of the audience (a great way to connect with new folks).
- When you tweet about the show, you are seen and appreciated by the show host. You’re also doing a service for your Twitter followers, letting them know about a show they may want to watch.
- When you jump into the video stream during Q&A or when invited by the host, well, your visibility skyrockets. Just ask MaAnna Stephenson about what’s happened to her business since she’s started “blabbing!”
- As soon as the Blab is over, you receive an email with the video and audio files which you can post on YouTube, SoundCloud and other video/audio sharing platforms.
So what does this have to do with building your audience? Remember, when you boost your visibility, you build your audience. When people see you and consume your content — whether it’s text, images, audio, or video — you’re establishing the “know, like, and trust” factor.When you boost your visibility, you build your audience.
Video accomplishes all that and more for you. It’s the medium that makes the fastest connection with people you want to reach. From enticing people to subscribe and join with the title of your scheduled Blab, the promotion you do prior to the show, to the live event where the audience can experience your voice, style and gestures, it’s much faster to go from unknown to trusted expert.
Once the trust factor is in place, there’s a strong likelihood, your audience will begin following, friending, joining, subscribing and sharing your content. And that’s what you want, right? From there it’s a short step to buying your products and engaging your services.
Circling back to fear, then, what is the specific fear that’s stopping you from jumping into an adventure with video?
Blab’s ease of use could be the solution for you to get over the fear of video. With some training, experimenting, planning and an open mind, you may find yourself falling in love with live streaming video.
Get Started with Blab
Rather than re-create the wheel, click through to these resources (free and fee) and get started on Blab now:
Blab Like a Pro – step by step course on Udemy
Blabapalooza – free video summit on using live streaming video
Follow my Blab Channel so you don’t miss any shows!