Authors, are you using a blog to market your book? If not, why not? Nearly every day I chat with professionals who are either writing a book or want to write a book. When I attended Brendon Burchard’s Expert Academy, he asked the room of 800+ people who wanted to write a book and 95% raised their hand. Yet, most authors don’t realize that writing the book is only one small part of the process. As the author, YOU are responsible for marketing and selling the book. It’s rare that a publisher will do much for you on the marketing end of things.
When I ask the author or wanna-be author if they have a book blog, sadly, the answer is usually no.
No matter what stage your book is in…
- Just an idea for now
…the time to start your book blog is right away. Don’t delay. Even if you only have an idea for the book, creating a blog will help you:
- Discover domain names available for a book title
- Discover keywords associated with the topic
- Discover if readers are interested in the topic
- Discover what has already been written about your topic
- Learn what readers have to say about it
- Start building an audience of readers with like-minded interests (aka potential book-buyers)
- Research facts and ideas
- Start writing sections of the book
- Start building a platform and marketing your book before it is written
So get going… If it turns out you never write your book, at least you will have created an online presence, started developing your ideas and building your audience. And believe me, without an online presence, without creating massive visibility, you will face an uphill battle in getting your book noticed by your audience.
Need some help with marketing your book and building your author status on the Web?
I’m shifting my VIP mentoring program to include working with author entrepreneurs who are looking for guidance and support with building and implementing a visibility-boosting book promotion plan (that’s a mouthful!).Click here to get the details and schedule a complimentary strategy sessionto see how we can work together to generatemore sales for your book!