During the course of every week, I read, watch and collect a lot of content that interests me, fascinates me or that I want to share with my communities.
This morning I decided to take a few minutes and share a few things that have stood out for me recently.
What I’m Watching
1. Women Who Rock – my friend and colleague Lou Bortone has published a series of videos featuring women who use video in their businesses. There are some wonderful nuggets shared by each rockin’ businesswoman. You’ll probably know at least one of the women, too. 😉
2. GaryVee – How to Start – I don’t watch much by GaryVee, but I’ve been following him for a long time and every now and then I see something that piques my interest. This 12-minute video on Instagram is worth watching – and then taking action – if you’re feeling stuck or waffling about starting something. Caution: Gary curses a lot so if that’s not your thing, don’t watch this. However you feel about Gary, what he says is worth taking to heart.
What I’m Reading
3. YouTube Statistic – This chart is worth noting. If you’re still on the fence about creating videos for your business, this might convince you. Keep in mind, YouTube is the second largest search engine on the web.
4. The Most Colorful Places in the World – Beauty is all around us. This photo spread in Conde Nast Traveler is a feast for the eyes. It may trigger your wanderlust, too!
What I’m Listening To
5. Tim Ferris Podcast – Neil Gaiman – When I saw Neil Gaiman’s name pop up on Tim Ferris’ podcast, I had to listen to it. Neil Gaiman is prolific and writes in many genres, from comic books to fiction, non-fiction, science fiction, and screenplays. He’s won many awards and I always love diving into one of his books. I loved American Gods. This interview gives a lot of insights into how Gaiman writes, the tools he uses and how he avoids distractions.
What have you enjoyed reading and watching in the last few weeks? Please let me know in the comments, below. And, feel free to share the post with your friends and colleagues!
You Guide To Better Visibility on the Web
P.S. One more thing… this gives me joy every day!
Catch up on all published 5 Things emails…click here.
The 5 Things emails began in March 2019, when I felt like there was more I wanted to share with the people I connect to via email. I was looking for a way to create a more intimate conversation, a peek at who I am and my interests, and not always be marketing! 😜
Since then, I’ve started sending the emails every Friday and have received tremendous feedback. When I asked my community whether they thought it would be beneficial to post the emails on my blog, I got a resounding “YES!” from everyone. So, here we are. If you miss the emails, they’ll be published here on Mondays (after I catch up with posting the previous notes.)
This post was originally published as an email on March 30, 2019.