Guest post by Stephan Hovnanian
Note from Denise: I LOVE Google+ and I’ve met many smart, generous people on the social network. Stephan Hovnanian is one of them. I’ve hosted three Hangouts with Stephan to introduce you to his brilliance and to the power of the G+ community. After you study Stephan’s infographic, scroll to the end to learn about two training webinars I’m presenting to help you get started on Google Plus.
Ten Visibility Tips for Google Plus
You joined Google+ because everyone is telling you what an amazing platform it is to make an impact, to stand out and be recognized for the authority you have (or are building) in your field of expertise.
10 Tips for More Visibility on Google+
- Understand Your Audience Reach
- “Hand out” your hovercard (it shows up more than you think)
- Engage in Comments first
- Reimagine your content (here are 12 creative ways)
- Use Social Listening techniques (here’s a real life example)
- Use citations and attribution (it’s like a blog trackback)
- Hop into “What’s Hot”
- Ask Questions
- Be Yourself! Be Genuine! (Jaana Nyström says it best here)
- Take time to understand the platform