I’ve got a hodgepodge of things for you this week and as always they reflect my varied interests and what catches my eye as I move through the week.
Here are 5 things I’ve been reading, watching and listening to this past week:
1. 50 Little Social Etiquette Rules Everyone Should Follow – a friend of mine posted this on Facebook a few days ago. I have to say, that while I don’t practice all of them all the time, I do agree with the list of rules.
2. Joselito Laudencia published an article called “I HAVE NO TIME…I’M TOO BUSY…” It foreshadowed the TED-style talk he gave in Los Angeles on Wednesday. It’s a powerful call to take a stand and choose how you want to live your life.
3. James Clear showed up in my inbox with The Diderot Effect: Why We Want Things We Don’t Need — And What to Do About It. I can relate and Clear offers some ways “to understand how to curate, eliminate, and focus on the things that matter.”
4. On Sunday I was surprised to see a segment on the Today show about intermittent fasting and biohacking, Biohacking on the Rise. I’ve been practicing IF for 10 months and have never felt better. Next Wednesday is my 60th birthday and I feel physically and mentally like I’m 40!
5. In our Inner Fire program, we’ve been discussing meditation and guided imagery. Someone mentioned the Loving Kindness Meditation which I was familiar with but hadn’t thought about in a long time. A search brought me to a downloadable 13 minute audio of the meditation which I’m now integrating into my daily life.
One final thing, the goal to get to $50,000 in $25 microloans for entrepreneurs on Kiva is going slow. It’s the 10 year anniversary of the lending team and we’re aiming to get to $50K by the end of June. These microloans are bundled and delivered to entrepreneurs around the world who are working to make better lives for their families and communities. To date, we have made
$46,500 $47,445 in loans. Will you join us and make a $25 loan (not a donation, you get paid back) to help a fellow entrepreneur? Click here to join the team. Thank you!
What have you been reading, watching and listening to within the last week? Please let me know in the comments, below. And, feel free to share the post with your friends and colleagues!
You Guide To Better Visibility on the Web
This post was originally published as an email on June 21, 2019.