You've probably heard a million times that "the money is in the list." And, it is true. Without a list, it's pretty much impossible to build a community of fans who will invest in your programs and services. While you may have an email list and send out an email newsletter or free ecourse, are you using your blog to build a list a well?
This is a huge mistake I often run into on blogs I review…No way for readers to subscribe to get blog updates by email even though email is still preferred by a big margin over RSS. Based on 14 years experience I recommend that part of your visibility strategy include email and specifically blog updates by email. After all, the goal is to encourage visitors to subscribe, get your updates when new content is posted, return to your blog and eventually take action on your offers. Email is one of the most effective ways to keep you visible to your audience.
There are many services that provide blog to email delivery. My long time favorite is Feedblitz because of the depth of features they offer. My favorite feature is the ability to send an automated welcome email and link to a page to download a gift.
Regardless of what list system you use, setting up an email list, managing it, using it ethically, and promoting it can be confusing and overwhelming. That's why I love Phil Hollows, CEO of Feedblitz. He has just released a detailed, comprehensive ebook called List Building for Bloggers. I had the privilege of reviewing the book and I was blown away by the level of detail Phil goes into around three core strategies:
- Building your audience
- Increasing engagement with your audience
- Growing your income
Here’s what you get:
- Ten Power Tips to turn your blog into a rocking-socking, butt-kicking, inbox-busting, fully automated email marketing and subscriber retention system.
- Three case studies so you can avoid the mistakes even the Big Guys make (these are really eye-opening!)
- Easily actionable tips to grow both list quality and quantity.
- Chapters on autoresponders so you can market while you sleep, custom fields for personalization, and how to avoid spam traps.
- All in easy to understand plain English!