Have you jumped on the Instagram bandwagon? Not sure how it applies to you and your business? Take a look at the stats in the infographic below and you may find yourself thinking “how can I use Instagram now to boost the visibility of my business?!”
Here are some photo ideas for you:
- People – colleagues, customers, clients, vendors
- Places – conferences, workshops, business meetings, landscapes, weekend outings (pop in something personal every once in awhile to give your followers a behind the scenes look at who you are)
- Things – products, tools you use, tools you want, gifts you receive
- Quotes and Cats – ALWAYS popular!
Get Started Using Instagram
Once you set up an account on your smartphone (Instagram is primarily a mobile application) then follow these four steps to get going:
- Start by following people you know and people in your niche (do a hashtag keyword search).
- Scroll through the home feed and click on the heart button to indicate you like an image.
- Comment and use hashtags to connect with people.
- Take a picture and post it!
Below the infographic (by Neil Patel of QuickSprout) I’ve listed some people who are using Instagram to create a memorable brand and build a loyal following. Check out what they’re posting and follow if you like what you see. And while you’re at it, I’d love it if you follow me and I’ll follow you back!
Follow these entrepreneurs to see how they’re using Instagram for their business
Lynne Knowlton, Design the Life You Love
John Jantsch, Duct Tape Marketing
BlogPaws, all things pets and pet resources
Louise Myers, graphic designer
Ileane Smith, blogger and podcaster
New Market BBQ, this one will make you hungry!
Amanda Palmer, musician and performance artist
Danielle LaPorte, Firestarter
Ellen Britt, Pink Coattails
Fit Men Cook, 15 second video recipes
There are so many more who are rockin’ it on Instagram. This is a good start, though. And, if you’re already using Instagram, who are your favorite people to follow? Give them a shoutout in the comments!