Google+ is a complex beast and yet, it is well worth your time to learn the basics. Once you have mastered the basics of building circles, posting and sharing content, then step by step, take the time to learn about the benefits of going deeper into Google+.
To help you do that, I’m sharing an awesome slide with you. Created by Michael Bennett on Google Drive, there are links to 15 slide decks guiding you through many of the nuances of using Google+. Each deck is a compliation of the best articles by the featured author on a specific topic. That’s what makes this an insanely useful slide itself. It’s your reference library for everything you ever wanted to know about Google+. I recommend you bookmark the post, save it to Evernote or do whatever you do to save important content for later viewing.
How to use the Drive deck
1. Review the “table of contents” of the deck (scroll down to list below the presentation) and choose the topic you want to study.
2. Expand the deck to full screen.
3. Click on the image for the deck you want to explore. If you’re new to Google+ I suggest you start with “Google+ 101″ by Peg Fitzpatrick.
The deck will open in a new tab. Every link in the deck is active so you can click to go directly to the article featured on the slide.
4. While you’re thinking about it, add Michael Bennett to one of your Google+ circles. He’s worth paying attention to. Michael also shares incredibly beautiful photos he takes in Chicago and around the world.
The map to all the drives
- A Complete SMO & SEO Summary for June 2013 by+Joshua Berg
- What is Google Plus? A Complete User Guide by+martin shervington
- Everything Google by Mr. Everything Google +Denis Labelle
- YouTube, SEO, Google Search Rankings & a Whole Lot More by +Yifat Cohen
- The Google+ Hovercard – Your Calling Card Across All Google by +Stephan Hovnanian
- Guides to Google Plus for Business & Personal Use by +Mark Traphagen
- Driving with David – Author, Speaker, Analyst by+David Amerland
- Google Plus 101 by +Peg Fitzpatrick
- First Annual (Virtual) Bloggers Conference with +Chef Dennis Littley
- Social Signals, Your Website & Google Plus – This Changes Everything by +Dustin W. Stout
- Creating Your Optimized Google+ Cover Image by+Stephan Hovnanian
- Google Plus Basics, Tips, and Tricks by +Jaana Nyström
- How to Drive on Drive by +Michael Bennett
- Google Products and Services by +Denis Labelle
- Google Plus SEO by +Joshua Berg
I’d love to know what you think about this Drive presentation. And, please don’t get overwhelmed by the abundant amount of content. Take one deck at a time, read the articles and implement as you have time.