The end of a year always brings a plethora of Top Ten Posts of the Year. I’m jumping on the bandwagon though I missed the actual end of the year by a couple of days. I could say that I didn’t want my post to get lost among the hundreds of others being published, but the fact is, I got busy, went out of town and just didn’t get to it. #Truth
To compile the list I used the Top Posts feature in CoSchedule which I recently started using for managing and scheduling my content. I LOVE the headline analyzer!
Reviewing your content and creating a round-up post is useful for many reasons:
- You have an opportunity to study the content that was popular with your audience. Should you do more of the same or work on improving elements that will bring your more eyeballs, engagement shares?
- Discover where your content was shared the most. In 2015, Google+ and Pinterest are where my content was shared the most. LinkedIn shares were highest on a few posts. [Caveat: In November 2015, Twitter disabled the ability to track shares on Twitter. I actually get a lot of shares on Twitter but I can no longer easily find the totals.]
- Learn what your audience likes to talk about in their comments.
- It helps new visitors discover content that’s popular and that they too may find useful.
- It helps your returning subscribers find articles they may not have seen the first time around.
- Helps you develop a content plan for the next year.
Top Ten Posts You Liked (Shared) the Most
Without further ado, these are the visibility posts you liked the best in 2015, in order of most shares:
- 9 LinkedIn Publishing Tips That Can Help Build Your Audience
- How to Integrate LinkedIn With Your Content Marketing by guest blogger, Ann Smarty
- How Do I Start Building My Platform? #AskDenise
- How to Build Your Brand with Live Video (includes checklist)
- Repurposing Your Content – 13 Ways to Reach More People (includes checklist)
- 5 Time-Tested Ways to Improve Your Twitter Profile
- 7 Simple Visibility Tips That Can Make a Big Difference
- Getting Noticed in a Noisy World
- LinkedIn Visibility Strategies for Entrepreneurs | Adventures in Visibility with Viveka von Rosen
- Blab Your Way to More Visibility – Build Your Audience Fast
Interesting to note that three articles in the Top 10 were related to LinkedIn. One guest post made the Top 10 (I don’t feature many guest posts), and one post from my Adventures in Visibility show made the list…featuring LinkedIn expert, Viveka von Rosen. Four articles have numbers in the title. Two articles have downloadable checklists and are in the top 5.
What would you like to see me focus my articles on in the coming year? Do you have any burning questions or challenges with your online marketing?
One more question: did you publish a Top 10 Posts list for 2015? If so, you’re welcome to post the URL in the comments. I’m curious to know what your audience loved on your blog!