Before you can build your platform on the Web and create your online visibility strategy, you need to be clear about a few things.
You need to know who are you and your reason for being in business.
- What’s your purpose for having a business?
- What’s your purpose for creating your space on the web, your persona on the web?
- Who do you serve?
- Who is your ideal client?
- Who is your target market?
You really have to be clear on this because it does no good to have a page on Facebook, or publish a blog if you’re attracting the wrong people. You might be having fun chit chatting and sharing stories, but ultimately you have to ask yourself if your "friends" are ever going to step up and do business with you.
- How do you serve your market?
- Is it through products?
- Is it through consulting and coaching?
- Is it through teleseminars, webinars?
- How do you serve people?
Again, you need to have this very clear so you know what kind of message you want to put out to the world when when you're ready. These are core questions and your answers will guide all your content and your marketing messages.
How do you transform people’s lives?
Whenever you're serving people you are transforming them in some way. You are making their lives better in some way. You're giving them some piece of yourself to help them be better or have more of what they’re looking for.
How do you do that?