Do you ever feel like you’re listening to a broken record when you are getting advice about social media marketing? How often have you heard and read that video is what you should be doing? Or, how important video is for connecting with your audience and that Facebook Live videos are the best way to get better visibility and reach on your Facebook page?
Well, sometimes, the record isn’t broken. In the case of video, you’re getting a message that is true and you’d be wise to listen.
Ok, you get it. You are committed to creating more videos for your business. You’re even on board to do LIVE video on Facebook so you can create deeper relationships with your followers. Now what?
Repurpose and Leverage Your Videos
I’ve been a fan of repurposing content for a long time (can’t think of the year, maybe 2007?). I’ve taught many classes and written blog posts about it. But, repurposing content takes time and repurposing video is a real convoluted pain in the neck.
Content repurposing is the process of taking existing content and converting it into new formats, for the purposes of promotion or monetization.
Take Facebook Live, for example. Think about what it takes to repurpose that one video.
- You go live on Facebook.
- You end up with a video replay on Facebook.
- Once you find the feature to download your video, you download it to your computer or cloud storage.
- You want to add the video to your YouTube channel. Depending on how long the video is and the quality of your Internet connect, that could take awhile.
- You want to create a blog post and embed the video.
- You want to strip the audio from the video, create an MP3 and add it to your podcast.
How long do you think it takes to do all that?
I’ve never timed it, but I know it can take a few hours, at best.It's OK to automate the distribution of your content; don't automate the personal side of your connections.Click To Tweet
Here’s how to do a lot of the processes automatically – as soon as you click “end” on your Facebook Live video [watch webinar replay below]:
Hani Mourra is a Softwareprenuer and the creator of Repurpose and Simple Social Press. I am in love with Repurpose. In fact, I was so blown away when I saw the original demo in 2016, that I invested before the software was ready to use. Now, I’ve been using it for about a month and it’s made my repurposing life so much easier.
Using a combination of the Simple Social Press plugin and Repurpose, here’s what happens now:
- As soon as a (pre-recorded) video or a Facebook Live video is complete…
- The video is automatically uploaded to a backup folder in Dropbox
- The video is automatically posted on my blog as a draft post (the video on this page was done that way)
- The video is automatically uploaded to my YouTube channel (unlisted so I can make some edits to the description before it’s made public)
- An audio file is created from the video and uploaded to a folder on Dropbox for future use
How long do you think it took to do all that?
Less than 10 minutes and it all happened automatically, behind the scenes. All I have to do now is finish the blog post and publish. Oh, and add some details to the description on YouTube, add the video to the appropriate playlist and then make it public.
RECOMMENDED READING: Repurposing Your Content – 13 Ways to Reach More People
Here are some of the “repurposes” that I’ve set up:
You can even convert your audio podcast episodes to videos and post them on YouTube (see the demo in the video). It’s fast and you’ll have an opportunity to reach a new audience for your podcast on YouTube.
I don’t know about you, but for me, saving a couple of hours on tedious work is a big win. If you are producing a podcast or videos on a regular basis, I believe you’ll find that these automation tools will save you time and money.
Ready to get started? Check out Repurpose and Simple Social Press.*
If you have questions about the software or creating a video strategy, post them in the comments below.
*I’m an affiliate for this product and earn a small commission if you purchase.