You’ll also witness me in all my experimental glory as I was distracted by my own voice coming in to my headset with a 10 second delay. At the moment, I couldn’t figure out how to turn off the audio so I carried on. A strange experience. And, that’s why I call these Hangouts “experiments” and “adventures” in learning how to use visibility tools. I’m learning right along with you.
Back to notification bars: Hellobar vs Foobar
As I discuss in the video, I’ve used Hellobar and I currently use Foobar. Both are excellent tools to use on your site to build visibility:
- Display time-sensitive notices
- Invite readers to opt in to your list
- Invite visitors to follow you on social media
- Promote specific blog posts
- Promote your products and services
- Promote a your new book and/or a virtual book tour
- Promote a sale
- Promote webinars, teleseminars, Hangouts and other events
- and more…
The possibilities for the notification bars are only limited by your imagination.
If you are using a notification bar or dive in to try one of these two tools, feel free to post a link to your site in the comments below so I can check out how you’re using it.
To get reminders about when Adventures are scheduled and when replays are posted, you can get on the list and/or follow me on Google+. Be sure to let me know you want to be added to my Adventures in Visibility Circle so you get the invitation directly through Google+.