The most frequent GooglePlus question I hear about getting started is…
Do I set up a profile or a page for my business?
The quick answer is both. And, there are caveats. And, questions you need to answer about your business:
- Is your business solely online or do you have a physical location as well?
- Are you a solopreneur or a small, medium or large business?
- If you’re a solopreneur, are you the “face” of your business, the person who is the brand?
- What is the purpose for you/your business to be active on Google+?
- How engaged do you plan to be?
No matter what, you will need to create a personal Profile on Google+, even if it’s only so you can set up and manage Pages. If you’re a solo business owner, you may want to set up a Page in order to protect your brand and business name as well. [Read more...]